Saturday, February 14, 2009

dubai trip day #1 31 oct 08

Nostalgic I am, as i remember what I had promised myself a year and a half ago: " I will go touring the world - backpacking or otherwise, after my landscape course."

And here i am today, leaving for my first destination: Dubai- a radical mix of western lifestyle and middle eastern culture, populated by south-asians & Philipinos.
Travelling is more than a hobby to me. I stive to be touched by various cultures and understand the world by myself. Mufaazaa gifted me PRIZE, a book about the oil economy. It couldn't have come bat a better time.

I have planned my tour so as not to be carried away by the usual sights and sounds, but to be able to go places which tourists are generally not interested in. So I will try to wander in the old city, traditional quarters, etc. and also to see / observe the mall culture and happenings there. I am not there to shop, but to observe, wander and gain knowlege.

Wishing for the best.

No comments:

Dream Euro (bike) trip!